Table of Contents
Field Service Engineer – MRI
If you are a Colorado resident and this role is a field-based or remote role, you may be eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits for this role, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
Philips is a global leader in health technology, committed to improving billions of lives worldwide and striving to make the world healthier and more sustainable through innovation. Driven by the vision of a better tomorrow.
But it’s not just what we do, it’s who we are. We are 80,000, wonderfully unique individuals, with two things in common. An unwavering sense of purpose and a relentless determination to deliver on our customers’ needs. It’s what inspires us to create meaningful solutions – the kind that make a real difference – when it matters most.
The world and our customers’ needs are changing faster than ever before and while we are proud of what we do already, we know we can do more. That’s why we need you, to help us tackle increasingly complex challenges posed by ever evolving health and well-being needs.
In this role, you have the opportunity to make life better
Support the Imaging Systems business as an MRI Field Service Engineer 2 throughout the South Jersey (southern NJ) and Philadelphia, PA area. This position will be responsible for customer relationship management through the effective use of technical knowledge to install, troubleshoot, service, and maintain equipment at customer sites; generate service revenue; adhere to state and federal regulatory requirements.
Looking at the challenges the world is facing today Philips’ purpose has never been more relevant. So whatever your role, if you share our passion for helping others, you’ll be working towards creating a better and fairer future for all.
US work authorization is a precondition of employment. The company will not consider candidates who require sponsorship for a work-authorized visa.
Company relocation benefits will not be provided for this position. Candidates need to live within the territory or within commuting distance to South Jersey (Camden, Cherry Hill, Gloucester Township, Vineland).
You are responsible for
- Build credibility and trust with customers by conducting pro-active customer visits.
- Provide appropriate, timely, and regular communications to customers and internal key stakeholders regarding customer and equipment issues.
- Demonstrate a sense of urgency to identify and resolve customer issues. Follow the appropriate escalation process.
- Provide exceptional customer service by adhering to customer entitlements, setting clear expectations, and meeting commitments and arrival times. Understand the customer’s business and competitive environment.
- Generate revenue growth by offering solutions aligned with the service portfolio.
- Adopt, develop, and implement best practices.
- Proactively schedules activities & makes him/herself available to assist others.
- Seeks out opportunities to increase capability and capacity (i.e. may be required to become qualified in multiple modalities, learns new tools). Assists in identifying training gaps within the team.
- Actively seeks to mentor others.
- Actively participates as a member of the regional work team and works to improve team processes.
- Operate under the required knowledge of State and Federal regulatory requirements. Adheres to established training, quality, and safety requirements.
- Manages company assets effectively in accordance with established Philips processes and guidelines including labor time, parts ordering and returns, tools and test equipment calibration, purchase orders, equipment, company vehicles, business expenditures, etc.
- Performs all administrative duties within established Philips and regulatory timeframes including timesheets, service work orders, expense reports, Field Change Orders (FCO), preventative maintenance (PM), installation documents, site and service documentation, and other related paperwork.
- Must be qualified and perform work in at least one modality. May be asked to become qualified in and perform work in multiple modalities. Maintains knowledge of technical advances and current industry trends. Seeks out formal and informal training opportunities.
- Independently resolve equipment and customer issues.
- Independently complete PMs, FCOs, installations, and all related tasks.
- Independently diagnose and resolve electronic, network, and mechanical problems.
- Utilize tools, support, resources, and escalation processes within required time frames to resolve customer and system problems timely and effectively.
- May be asked to perform service work remotely providing telephone, remote technical support, and remote diagnostics to external healthcare customers and field partners in order to resolve customer equipment issues and initiate escalation, if appropriate.
You are part of
The Imaging Systems Field Service organization. You will benefit from the team’s growing breadth and depth of healthcare products and services portfolio, and you will be challenged to drive our best-in-class reputation through top customer experience ratings. In a “One Team” culture, you’ll have the support of an intrinsically linked group of multi-disciplinary experts who are driven by a common mission of making the world healthier and more sustainable. You will contribute to providing the right data, context, and approach which will change the way we do business and make a difference for our customers.
To succeed in this role, you’ll need a customer-first attitude and the following
- Associate Degree in electronics or equivalent combination of education and experience; BSEE/BSEET/BSME/BSMET preferred.
- 2+ years of experience in diagnostic imaging or 4+ years of experience in the electronics industry, preferably in a field service environment.
- Experience with MRI equipment highly preferred.
- Knowledge of computers and networking; PC competency to include utilization of Microsoft Office Suite products.
- Ability to understand and apply electronic, mechanical, and networking theory to install, diagnose, and repair equipment, including knowledge and use of all necessary tools and test equipment.
- Ability to understand and utilize technical vocabulary to perform tasks according to either verbal or written instructions.
- Ability to read and interpret schematics and site drawings with minimal assistance.
- Ability to display strong organizational and multi-tasking skills, self-discipline, and autonomy to work independently in a high-pressure environment.
- Ability to adapt to changing work requirements in a complex, fast-paced environment.
- Ability to effectively operate in a team-driven environment and share knowledge to achieve assigned goals and objectives.
- Ability to demonstrate exceptional customer service skills.
- Ability to communicate, written and verbally, with various levels of employees and customers.
- Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license and driving record that is compliant with Philips’ Fleet Policy.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- The average driving time is 1-4 hours daily and may exceed 50% at times. Occasional overnight stays and travel by air and/or train may be required.
- Responsible for carrying and monitoring company cell phone and being available and responsive during scheduled and non-scheduled hours, except during rest and meal periods as required by applicable state law.
- Must be flexible in working hours as this position will require customer support during non-regular business hours, mandatory overtime on short notice, and/or weekend work as necessary.
- Ability to participate in an on-call rotation to provide customer support.
- Job operates in the hospital/medical environment and remotely from a home office location.
- Potential exposure to hazardous physical, chemical, radiological and biological agents and loud noise.
- May work in environments where devices producing one or more of the following may be in use: high levels of radiation, high magnetic fields, high voltages, compressed and liquefied gases, and radioactive materials. Strict adherence to corporate and site safety procedures is mandatory.
- Frequently in contact with electrical equipment. Occasional use of vibrating tools.
- Frequently using standard office equipment such as computers, phones, and medical test equipment; regularly speaking, hearing, and viewing computers.
- Frequently lifting, carrying, pushing, or pulling up to 20 pounds. Occasionally lifting or carrying up to 100 pounds, with assistance available when lifting or carrying items over 50 pounds.
- Frequently standing, walking, stooping, kneeling, and extending reach. Occasionally twisting and crawling.
- Use of personal protective equipment (PPE) may be required including, but not limited to, radiation monitoring badge, safety glasses, hard hats, hard toes shoes, and gloves.
- May be required to adhere to certification/credentialing required by the customer in connection with admission into its facilities to perform job duties. Customer requirements may include, but are not limited to, drug testing and immunizations as dictated by the customer or facility policy.
In return, we offer you
The ability to collaborate with, learn and grow from colleagues in a highly complex, global organization where you can use your strengths to help drive strategic business initiatives for Philips. Additionally, we provide you a dynamic working environment in an innovative business, paired with a competitive salary, excellent benefits, and a supportive atmosphere where you can sharpen your talents with new challenges and career opportunities.
How we work at Philips
There are three core ways that define our ways of working – embracing flexibility, being at our best, and impactful collaboration. We believe this enables us to deliver an outstanding experience to our customers and create the best place to work for people who share our passion.
We know just how important direct interactions are and work is more engaging when we are more frequently face-to-face, and that we experience better collaboration which drives innovation. While we have many different types of roles across Philips most require a combination of in-person collaboration with colleagues and partners, usually at a Philips location, and individual focus time, which can be done remotely.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on innovative, customer-first health technology solutions. Help us improve the health and well-being of billions of people, every year. Ultimately creating a career that no one could have planned for. Even you.
It is the policy of Philips to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, gender, pregnancy/childbirth, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability or perceived disability, genetic information, citizenship, veteran or military status or a person’s relationship or association with a protected veteran, including spouses and other family members, marital or domestic partner status, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans’ Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
Equal Employment and Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veteran
What is Philips?
>Koninklijke Philips N.V. is a Dutch multinational conglomerate corporation that was founded in Eindhoven in 1891. Since 1997, it has been mostly headquartered in Amsterdam, though the Benelux headquarters is still in Eindhoven.
Field Service Engineer MRI Job in San Diego Information
- Designation: Various Posts Open for apply.
- Location: Across the World.
- Qualification Required: – Various degree’s for various posts.
- Experience: – Fresher or Experienced can apply.
- Salary: It’s Depends on your job designation.
- Language: Verbal & Written communication in English and Local language will be an added advantage.
- Who can Apply: Fresher or Experienced both can apply.
- What Skills Required for getting a job: Positive attitude, Being calm and cheerful when things go wrong,
Communication, You can listen and say information clearly when you speak or write, Teamwork, Self-management, Willingness to learn, Thinking skills (problem solving and decision making).
- How To Apply: Application Process is simple. Apply directly online using submit resume button and will get back to you after review your profile.
- how is life at Company: Very energetic.
::::: Best Helpful Video for this job:::::
—Watch Till End for more Information—
More Jobs Find Here https://www.careers.philips.com/
Visitors Also Looking for: Private Job, Job Alert, Job vacancy, startup jobs near me, startup jobs for freshers, Work From Home Jobs, Work From Home Job, government job vacancy, job Notifications, Part-time Time Jobs, Earn money Online, Online jobs at Home, Full time jobs and many for.
What are the pros and cons of working in a Company?
As you asked a general question, I’ll give a general answer. But please be aware that there are many specifics here that influence the real life attractiveness of any one job.
So, generally speaking –
- Competitive salary
- Attractive benefits and perks
- Structured organization and clear career path
- Potential to learn from the corporation’s experience and best practices
- The corporation is so big, your contribution seems insignificant, leading to lack of fulfilment. The systems are established, leaving little room for fresh ideas to do things.
- Any employee is dispensable, you are just another speck of dust
- Many managers try to climb the ladder instead of doing what’s best for the organization, leading to employees’ frustration
- Many smaller companies shy away from hiring ex – employees of big corporations, fearing they cannot match the pay